Garage Italia is situated in a beautiful piece of 1950s architecture with a fluid form. This ex-Agip petrol station is an example of modern streamlining commissioned in 1952 to Mario Bacciocchi by Enrico Mattei. The conservation, restoration and static consolidation project respects the historical...
The shoes are elegantly displayed on trays, in clearly distinct pairs. Neatly arranged and carefully juxtaposed, the right with the left, heels together and toecaps slightly apart. Aligned along the walls of the shop is a grid of horizontal cross-bars. The tray handle is hook-shaped and the trays...
Inaugurated to celebrate the centenary of the prestigious Italian furniture brand, the corporate museum occupies 1.400 square meters in the south part of the factory. Next to the entrance and together with the outlet, it is indicated on the outside by striking portals in the distinctive colour of...
Michele De Lucchi was born in 1951 in Ferrara and graduated in architecture in Florence.
During the period of radical and experimental architecture he was a prominent figure in movements like Cavart, Alchymia and Memphis. De Lucchi has designed furniture for the most known Italian and European companies as Artemide, Olivetti, Alias, Unifor, Hermès, Alessi. For Olivetti he has been Director of Design from 1992 to 2002 and he developed experimental projects for Compaq Computers, Philips, Siemens and Vitra.
He designed work and corporate identity spaces for Deutsche Bank, Poste Italiane, Enel, Piaggio, Olivetti, Telecom Italia, Novartis, Intesa Sanpaolo and UniCredit; he carried out architectural projects in Italy and abroad, including residential, industrial and cultural buildings and corporate headquarters. He designed buildings and display systems for museums including the Triennale di Milano, Palazzo delle Esposizioni di Roma, Neues Museum in Berlin and the Gallerie d'Italia Piazza Scala in Milan.
His professional work has always gone side-by-side with a personal exploration of architecture, design, technology and crafts. From 2004 he has been using a chain saw to sculpt small wooden houses which create the essentiality of his architectural style. In 2003 the Centre Georges Pompidou in Paris has acquired a considerable number of his works. Selections of his products are exhibited in the most important design Museums in Europe, United States and Japan.
In 2000 he was appointed Officer of Italian Republic by President Ciampi, for services to design and architecture. In 2001 he was nominated Professor at the Design and Art Faculty, University of Venice. In 2006 he received an Honorary Doctorate from Kingston University, for his contribution to “living quality”. In 2008 he was nominated Professor at the Design Faculty of the Politecnico of Milan and Member of the Accademia Nazionale di San Luca in Rome.